Whether you’ve been a client for 20 years or you’ve never used our service a day in your life, here’s some random tidbits to give you a behind the scenes look inside this fantastic company of ours.
1.Family Owned and Operated: FuneralCall started from the ground up and was founded by Wayne and Patty Payne. Their Daughter, Emily, joined the company permanently (she dabbled in it off and on in high school) 4 years ago, and her husband Adam is now the Vice President. Their Son, Jake, works in the Programming Department as well. It’s been a family affair for over 27 years now.
2. We have a Company Mascot: Yadi (Yah-Dee) belongs to Adam and Emily. His super sweet personality and endless cuddles can brighten anyone’s day. Yadi attends all of our company events but he loves our yearly photos with Santa the most!
3. Wayne, the Architect: Our owner, Wayne, completely designed and managed the full blown renovation of our new building. His creative eye and many years of experience in a call center helped to bring this beauty to life.
4. 26 Years of NFDA Conventions: We’ve attended the NFDA Expo & Convention every year for the last 26 years. We love seeing our clients and visiting with fellow vendors.
5. Monthly Morale Boosters: Our Director of Call Center Operations, Amber, always manages to throw together a fun event for our receptionists and staff to keep the morale boosted in the office. For example, to end Summer last year we had our “Aloha Summer Luau” which consisted of Pina Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri smoothies for the receptionists. (All alcohol-free, mind you!)
6. Christy, The All-Knowing: You may know Christy as our Director of Programming but did you know she’s been on staff at FuneralCall for over 14 years? When we say she’s done it all, we literally mean she’s done it ALL. Christy has been involved with each and every department of our company since she first began as a receptionist herself in 2002.
7. Inner-Office Message Board: We use an app to communicate in-house to replace sending thousands of emails each week. It resembles a “Facebook” atmosphere, and we have a channel titled “Compliments” where we post any and all positive comments given to the receptionists on their calls. It’s very encouraging to see so many of our directors and their callers complementing our service!
8. Conference Room of Many Colors: Our Conference Room has been used for many different occasions – We rent it out to the community for seminars/meetings, it was transformed into a boutique for our receptionists to shop one day, we use it each year for our “Snapshots with Santa” photos, and we even hosted a fashion show during a meeting to show the do’s and don’t’s of our dress code!
9. Santa Hotline: We offer our local community a free Santa Hotline where kids can call and leave a message for Santa, and he’ll even text them back! We’ve had several “Celebrities” pose as Santa’s voice – our most recent being the Carroll County Sheriff, Terry Langley.
10. One-On-One Training: Because all of our receptionists are in-house, we are able to provide a Training Department that goes above and beyond. We consistently have at least 2 Trainers in office at all times; one to walk the floor for any questions that may pop up or for on the spot coachings, and one for on-going training in the Training Room. We’re all about providing 5-star service here at FuneralCall, and our Training Department does a great job assisting this goal.
Now you know a little more behind the scenes information about FuneralCall! We’d love to be YOUR answering service if you are in the market for one. Give us a call at 888-239-0351 or visit our Sign Up page.